Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Off The Meds!

Three and a half months after my surgery I have stopped with the last of my prescription medications...Warfarin. My only pill now is a daily aspirin. I'm feeling physically good,I've started to lift light weights and do exercises and stretching, and I am scheduled to start cardiac rehabilitation next Monday. I am still depressed over the loss of our dog Bradley. The problem is that the death of the dog happened at the same time as my surgery and so the two events became intertwined for me. Therefore I don't feel like I will ever be fully recovered because I can't bring Bradley back to life. This is unfortunate because my recovery has been so successful otherwise. I don't know what the answer is. Getting another dog might help but I can't expect another animal to be like the Bradley.

No comments: