Sunday, November 30, 2008

Two Things That Are Good For The Heart

One is the close comfort that you get from animal companions. This is Nikko, our 16-1/2 year old Brumese. The amount of affection that this little creature gives to us is incredible. You can't help but feel better when he's on your lap or sleeping next to you with the big purr going.

The other thing that is good for the heart is walking. I do two walks a day most days, 2 miles each. We're lucky to live right near Philadelphia's Fairmount Park. The park features beautiful walking paths along the Schuylkill River. On the lower path heading South, called the Schuylkill Banks, I get the added attraction of seeing real trains many days. The CSX freight train line also runs along the river, so I can get my train fix while I'm walking. All good for the heart.

This week I hope to get a copy of my latest echo, the one that was done the day I saw the surgeon. Needless to say, I am very anxious to get this report so that I can compare it to the one done last August to see if there has been any noticeable progression of the AS, and to see if the tech found anything else during his comprehensive exam.

No comments: