Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Denial And Waiting

Well, there's so much I want to write about. I guess when the time comes that you finally have to face a life-threatening situation, you thrash about trying to figure a way out. DENIAL. This can't be happening to me. WAITING. Denial and waiting - the two big elephants in the room that people with heart valve disease have to cope with. When I found out last summer that my disease was progressing, this shocked me out of my lethargy and mobilized me. I started research in earnest. I bought Adam Pick's book. Best of all, I found ValveReplacement.com online, a forum for people who have had or are facing heart valve surgery. The internet comes to the rescue once again! The amount of information available on this forum is staggering. And there always someone who responds to your questions or who is willing to be a shoulder to lean on. What an important resource for those of us who are computer literate. Anyway, once the verdict is apparent, I think most people jump into action and try to figure out how to help themselves and make the whole process easier on loved ones. That's what I'm trying to do anyway.

No comments: